How to Stop Water Leaks From a Shower Head
Leakage of a shower head is a very common problem. Almost every shower owner may be familiar with this issue, which can be very annoying and expensive or even if you call a plumber for the shower service, then you also have to pay much money for the plumber as well. In short, leaking shower can easily affect your pocket. If you are also suffering from this problem, then you have come to the right place because I have ultimate and powerful tips that can help you to stop the water leakage from the shower. If you want to know the tips, then scroll down the page now.
Following are the tips to stop the water leakage from a shower head.
- The very first thing you should be aware is to turn off the water supply. It is advisable to shut down the water supply, whenever you are going to solve your plumbing problems. If you find that the water is continuously leaking even after shut off the water supply, then the problem may occur in a shower faucet.U can also checked out a ultimate guide for best rain shower head with reviews.
- The next thing is to check that the holes of the shower are clogged or not because sometimes clogged shower head can also be a cause for leaking water.
- If you find any clogging or blockage into the shower head, then take a brush and dip it into the vinegar water and, then rub onto the shower head.
- You can also take a toothpick and any sharp thing to remove the clogs from the holes of the shower head.
- After removing the clogs of the shower head, wash it properly or soak it in vinegar water for at least 15 to 20 minutes. It will help you to eliminate all the dirt and debris which may build on the shower head.
- Now it is time to thread the shower head with the Teflon tape and reinstalled it again. Keep in mind that the shower head must be tightly installed. Teflon tape will help you to stop the water drips from the arm of the shower head.
- The last step is to turn on the water supply and check out that the water is still leaking or not.
- If you analyze that water is still leaking from the shower head, then it must require the replacement. Keep sure that replaces the faucet at least after 1 or 2 years, but if you think that your shower does not require replacement, then it would be good to call the plumber immediately.
All above tips are effectively useful to prevent the water leakage from the shower head, but you have to be careful while implementing the procedure to stop leaking. You can also get advice from expert or professionals while repairing your shower head and fix a licking of shower head. You can also find a number of articles are available on the internet, which you can follow but I think after reading this article, you will not need to go through any other article. If you have any query or want to share your views with us, we always welcome you.